This recipe makes enough mix for three medium loaves. The loaves freeze very well.
- 4 eggs
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 4 cups flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 or 7 over-ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 cup milk
(It’s easier to do this with the mixer’s motor running at a low speed).
1. Beat the eggs well and then add vanilla.
2. Add sugar to the eggs and beat until creamy.
3. Add oil and beat.
4. Add dry ingredients slowly to the mixture.
5. Mash together bananas and bicarb and then add to mixture.
6. Pour into 3 well greased loaf tins and bake at 180C (350F) for 1 hour or until skewer comes out clean.