I am struggling to find the enthusiasm to blog regularly so there might be a few of these bullet-point lists in coming weeks!!
- 16 day till I head to Denmark for the ESSAM course. I am equal parts stupidly excited and really nervous. It’s my first grown-up trip overseas. I went to France in 1997 (when I was 14!) which doesn’t really count. I stress about silly stuff like “Will I be able to work out how to buy a Metro ticket? Will I know which station to get off at? What if I get lost in Copenhagen? I hope I can use my credit card” And so on and so forth. I *know* that once I get there, I will be fine and I will just deal with whatever happens. I can do that. But it doesn’t stop me stressing about it. Stupid brain.
- 100 days exactly till we get married. With everything else that’s going on with us this year, it almost feels like ‘just another thing’. It’s not. I am crazy excited about it, about having family & friend and a huge celebration. About my dress! And seeing John and becoming Mrs. M. But at the moment I just feel overwhelmed.
- My parents arrive on Sunday and I have a whole list of Wedding Stuff things planned. Dress fittings, venue visit, hair trials, shopping in PE; I’m sure that’ll kick-start the excitement again.
- My MBA research is not going all that well. Not enough questionnaires have been filled in a returned. That’s the nature of questionnaires but it is stressing me out a bit. I’ve expanded my scope to include more places and *fingers crossed* I’ll get some good responses in the next few weeks.
- I’m recovering well from my op. In fact I was feeling pretty good until I got a cold and started coughing. While the actual coughing doesn’t hurt (thank heavens) I can feel that all my tummy muscles are weak and are getting tired. I had a hot water bottle on them last night and Vicks on my chest in the hope that I wouldn’t cough all night! It worked. Sort of.
- Oh! Speaking of the op…I’m so proud, one of my friends who hadn’t been for a checkup and pap smear in ages went after hearing my story. I’m so proud of her!
So that’ that. Brain dump. How are you all doing? Feel free to leave reassuring messages and whatnot!